At present farmer(s)/user(s) are deploying either one of following methods for irrigating their field(s)/ parks/ garden/ roadside plantations etc.
- Drip irrigation
- Bubbler system
- Sprinkler system
Everyone knows the benefits, drawbacks of each of the above irrigation methods. To overcome drawbacks of these, above methods, we have developed a new method of irrigation, which will allow application of water from over and/or at the bottom of a plant, like rain; without causing any erosion effect to the soil beneath of a plant.
This technology has potential to save water from wastage due to any of the following reasons:
- Infiltration etc
Newly invented technology has following benefits:
- Water Saving i.e. per drop, more crop
- Water will be sprayed over all parts of a plant, like rain; and a farmer will have full control over water application/management in a row of plants or in any/all part(s) of the field
- Water application, like rain, will help in removal of fertilizer, pesticide, dust, bacteria, fungus, pest etc. from all parts of a plant, at regular interval; this will allow lesser susceptibility for occurring and spread of diseases in plants/crop and in human beings
- Clean leaves; will allow enhanced rate of photosynthesis process in a plant; more release of oxygen into the environment; and more food production by a plant. A well-nourished and/or a healthy plant will help in producing better yield of a crop
- Fertilizers or pesticides can also be mixed in the water, to be sprayed
- Suitable for any type of a terrain like plain or sloppy or stepped terrain
- One design; applicable for all types/size of fields
- No need for filters or pressure reducing valves
- No limitation to the area of agricultural field
- Density of plants may be increased
- Low initial cost, maintenance cost, power cost etc.
- Not susceptible to get damaged due to movement of pet, human etc. in the field.
This technology has only one disadvantage i.e. it is labour intensive. I believe that this disadvantage can easily be ignored, in view of above listed advantages.
Note: This technology has a potential to improve drip and bubbler irrigation, a lot.By application of present technology, there would not be a need to install PRVs (pressure reducing valves), which is a costly device. And also, we would achieve equal distribution of water, in all parts of a field.